I received numerous tags on Facebook for this “list ten books that have stayed with me in some way” thing that’s going around, and I finally gave in and made a list, which I posted on my personal Facebook page and am reproducing here.
1. Pride and Prejudice—Jane Austen
2. The Handmaid’s Tale—Margaret Atwood
3. To Kill A Mockingbird—Harper Lee
4. Slaughterhouse Five—Kurt Vonnegut
5. Bad Feminist—Roxane Gay
6. Wicked—Gregory Maguire (but not the rest of the series)
7. The Book of Life—Deborah Harkness (the series, really).
8. The Alchemist—Paulo Coelho
9. Bless Me, Ultima—Rudolfo Anaya
10. And, of course, Shakespeare, specifically The Tempest and King Lear.
so, I did it. This is by no means a comprehensive list, and it was VERY difficult to narrow it to ten…and I really could break them into categories and list ten books under each different category…but that’s thinking too much about it (which I already did anyway, so of course I broke the rules).
For more books that I read (but don’t necessarily review), take a look at my Goodreads page.