I began teaching in Fall of 2007 after arriving a bit late to the profession, as I didn’t attend college immediately after I graduated from high school. I have taught in three schools in three different counties in Colorado, all of which are high-poverty, low-income schools. Subjects with which I have experience include:
- 1. Introduction to Literature (9th grade).
- 2. American Literature (11th grade).
- 3. British Literature (11th or 12th grade).
- 4. World Literature (11th or 12th grade).
- 5. AP Language and Composition (11th or 12th grade, depending on the school).
- 6. International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme Language A, all Parts (11th and 12th grade, 2- year program).
I also have experience with Gifted and Talented Students. For three years I served as the Gifted and Talented Liaison for a grade level of students (I “looped” with them.) This meant a lot of things, not the least of which was significant affective support.
Here is a list of additional trainings I have attended over the years:
- College Board Advanced Placement English Language and Composition Training – Cherry Creek, CO, July 2013
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme, Language A Level 1, First Exams 2013 – Lake Tahoe, CA, June 2011
- AVID Summer Institute, Essential Academic Skills for College Readiness – San Diego, CA, July 2011
- Jane Austen Concentrated Course, Oxford University, June 2011
- Colorado Department of Education Javits Gifted and Talented Courses via Adams State University:
- Raising Thinking Skills – March 2011
- Affective Guidance – March 2011
- Colorado Department of Education Gifted and Talented Training:
- Twice Exceptional Training – January 2010
- Affective Needs Training – April 2011
If you would like more specifics, including my personal contact information, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org